Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mondays & Little Goals


Maybe I'm the odd one out but I love, love, love Mondays. I enjoy setting small weekly goals for myself every Sunday evening, and then waking up fresh on Monday morning, ready to work on them throughout the week.

Are you in the habit of making goals like this? I'm not sure why I started doing it, but I can remember all the way back to growing up in NJ and writing them out in my little black and red "C.W. Goetz Middle School" planner they'd give us each new year. I write things like "curl my hair every morning" or "do my homework every night before bed!" Nowadays those would be translated into "take time for me and get ready every morning" or "don't procrastinate scheduling posts- get things done early!"

I thought would be fun to share my goals here this week, and ask you guys to share yours too. Sometimes being accountable makes it a little easier, so if you'd like to participate, write your three goals out in the comments. I promise I won't badger you about them via Twitter!

Here are my 3 mini-goals for this week:

1. Lift up the people around me. Take time everyday to tell my family and friends how much I love and appreciate them. 

I'm good about this with Hank, but sometimes I get so caught up in our busy life that I forget to reach out to my faraway friends and family and let them know I'm thinking of them. This week I want to focus on doing just that.

2. Go to sleep by 10pm every night.

This is a huge issue for me. I stay up WAY too late doing dumb stuff and wasting a TON of time. Sometimes I'll just be online browsing blogs or "fake" online shopping (you know, filling up your cart but never checking out), and suddenly I'll realize it's 12:15am and Henry will be up in less then 7 hours. Ugh. So this week I am focusing on a 10pm bedtime. I tried last week and failed miserably. And let's just pretend it's not already 11:15. I had to break a goal to make a goal, okay?!

3. Do something new with Henry dveryday.

This is something I've been focusing on for awhile, and I'd like to continue it this week. "Something new" doesn't have to be a huge event or big deal, but we've both been enjoying breaking out of our comfort zone these recently and trying new things. This week I want to get some more outdoor time in before it gets even colder! I'm thinking a nice Autumn picnic is in our near future.

So that's me, what about you? I can't wait to see what you're working on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment