Saturday, October 27, 2012

Happy Saturday!

The aforementioned crumb cake donut.

Happy Saturday! Last night Hank and I went on a double date with Veronica and Trevor to watch Ghost Talks at the Prescott Center for the Arts. It's such a fun, spooky event the Arts Association has put on for the past five years and we had a great time. The theater is in a 1800s church and it's known to be haunted itself! The steeple of the church was actually struck by lightning twice and never rebuilt, and it was neat to hear about its history last night too. To appreciate the real beauty of the building though you have to go inside- it's gorgeous. I love seeing plays and shows there and last night was especially fun as we learned all about Prescott's ghost and legends, sipped hot apple cider, and enjoyed great company. Afterward we walked over to Prescott Station to grab something to eat. Hank and I ordered a few of their bite-sized desserts so split, included a chocolate chili brownie and a lemon tart. Delicious!

This morning we woke up a little earlier than usual to pick up donuts at our favorite local spot (see their world-famous crumb cake donut above) and get ready for my parents and sister to arrive. Once they get here we'll be heading downtown for our town's annual pumpkin festival.

Today's such a good day already- I'm loving October, and loving that there are so many fun things to do. I'm hoping we can squeeze in a little Hocus Pocus watching tonight before bed too Besides Rosemary's Baby, it's probably my favorite Halloween-time movie to watch.

This is a tiny post, but I just wanted to pop in quickly and say hello, and see what you all are up to! Do you have any fun plans this weekend? I'll be back tomorrow with some links to enjoy. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment