Friday, October 5, 2012

Weekend Links & A Few Things

Enjoying this beautiful weather!
Downtown yesterday, playing with trucks and enjoying the wonderful weather we've been having. I know I'm biased, but he is really the most beautiful little thing I've ever seen. My heart!

A few things:

1. I'm doing a fun collaboration with Elizabeth St. called Instamom. Every month they will be holding a contest (read more about it here), and to enter this month, simply hashtag your "fall fun" Instagram photos with #esfallfun. I also contributed an article about my 5 Instagram Tips for Moms, so pop over and check it out!


 


2. Thank you all SO much for all of the kind words about the amazing blog design Liz created for Sometimes Sweet. I wanted something insanely simple, clean, and easy to navigate, and she definitely delivered. After reading through all of your comments she also darkened up the link font, added navigation to the bottom of the page, and put my search box and archives back, all the way at the bottom of the left hand side. If you have any other issues, please let me know. And thank you so much again for taking the time to leave such sweet comments about it.

3. I am no longer taking submissions for Literate & Stylish. I have a ton to go through, and once I hit the bottom of them I'll figure out if I'll want to continue the feature for another go-round, or move onto something new. I'm thinking it'll probably be the latter, but if I open it back up I'll let you know!

4. Do any of you have any suggestions on fun things to do in Las Vegas that don't include drinking or partying? ha. I will be there next week for a couple of days with two of my girlfriends, and we just want to have a relaxing time. We choose Vegas because it's a cheap place to all meet, right in the middle, and we are just looking to eat a ton of good food and enjoy the sights and shops. So if you have any recommendations for delicious eats (vegetarian-friendly, please) and/or sweet treats, I'd love to hear 'em!

In other news, it's Friday! Yay! We have a family photo shoot tomorrow morning, and then a bbq over here on Sunday afternoon. It should be a great weekend full of friends and fun. I hope you have a good one too!

----------
One of the prettiest and best blogs I've come across in awhile. If you like food or breakfast (aka if you're human), you'll love Simply Breakfast.

Hank sent me this link yesterday. It's upsetting to imagine a world without PBS. Unfortunately, it may one day become a reality.  Here's a bit more on it via HP too.

Lentil Walnut Apple Loaf. This looks great!

Love this free October desktop wallpaper.

And speaking of free, here are 16 pretty fonts.

Carrot, Zucchini, and Parsnip frittata fingers. Say what?

A post on finding balance.

Love this idea for a nature hunt with little ones. I can't wait to do this with Henry next year.

What a bright, beautiful print!

It was neat to hear about Amanda's beautiful wedding.

Alice Walker on censorship.

Natural hair remedy time

What are you thoughts on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Child? I had no idea what they made per episode...but I do now!

Lies I Tell My Toddler. A great read over on Mommy Shorts.

And finally, a wonderful post about being right here, right now.

Happy weekend! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment