Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Currently.

Untitledthis past weekend: Henry and his ladies celebrating Kyler's 2nd birthday party. We had a blast!

Reading: I just finished The Happiness Project and totally enjoyed it. It gave me so much to think about and I really identified with the author...there were so many parts I feel I could have written myself! I mentioned it in my last Currently post that I had actually tried to read it before but lost interest pretty quickly. This time though, I loved it. I took so much away from it and I'll actually be talking about that in a later post- there's just so much to say! I am also still reading Anna Karenina and started Wild. I LOVE Wild so far. It's wonderfully written, heart-wrenching and sad, and has made me feel so many emotions already just in the first handful of chapters. And let me say, I highly recommend those first few chapters. I don't know about the rest of the book yet, but I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Watching: The X Factor. I am usually not a fan of talent shows- I've never gotten into America Idol or anything like that but the other night I decided to give it a try because my beloved Britney Spears is a judge this season and I fell in love. I'm not too sure how the show works yet since I've only seen the auditions, but so far I am really enjoying it. And let's talk about that cute country singer from Missouri (I think his name was Tate) for a second. What a voice! I can't wait to see the next round.

Listening to: so the other day I found myself listening to an old favorite song "Wagon Wheel" by Old Crow Medicine Show thanks to Melissa. I use Spotify (best music app ever) so I started a radio station based on this song and from there I was sent on a beautiful 1990s musical journey. I'm not even too sure how OCMS is even related to many of the artists Spotify picked out for me besides originating in 1998, but I got to listen to so many old, old songs I used to love in middle school and high school. The Cranberries, Bush, Hole, Sublime, Jewel, and so many super cheesy songs that I'm sure many of you 80s babies would love as well. And now this station is all I listen to. Thank you Melissa, thank you Spotify, thank you 1990s for existing.

Thinking about: how excited I am that Hank is considering training for a marathon. Okay. First things first you have to understand that Hank hasn't always been super into working out or fitness. He's always liked to skateboard and play basketball, but nothing too intensive or regular. To live with me though is to at times be annoyed with me because exercising really is my favorite thing to do. And I like everyone in my life to like it too, often to the point of annoying them. What? You don't want to go on a run with me this morning? Okay, I'll go pout until you finally agree to go. It's FUN to be healthy, isn't it?! Come on! Let's go to the gym! It'll be SO romantic! The reason I'm telling you all of this is because it's important to know that for SO LONG I have tried to get Hank excited about exercising. He started seeing a personal trainer in the mornings and liked it, but didn't love it. Then I started at Crossfit, and when I finally coerced him to try it with me I knew I had won the biggest battle because I just knew he would fall in love (I always said the same thing about books to my students- everyone likes to read...you just have to find the right book!). And now, a few months later I have a husband who is doing his own WODs on vacation and asking ME to go on a run. You have no idea how happy this makes me. And it's not like Hank wasn't active, but I always wanted to enjoy and share this part of my life with my partner and finally we are on the same page. Yay! So anyway, Hank has now decided he wants to train for a marathon. Maybe a half first, but definitely run. And I keep thinking about this past spring when we watched my cousin Matt run the Whiskey Row Marathon and how I kept crying like a baby whenever anyone crossed the finish line. Seriously, it was really ridiculous and I can only imagine the waterworks that will happen when Hank finishes. I'm so excited!

Loving: All of you. Maybe that sounds weird but lately I have been SO overwhelmed with so much gratitude for your comments, emails (I am still catching up to reader emails, so if you haven't heard back, please know it's coming), messages, etc. I don't really know how to explain how neat it is to make such a connection through this space but it's neat. Very neat. I feel lucky and thankful to have this space to share with all of you, and I feel even luckier that all of you take time out of your day to read what I write and sometimes take even more time to say hello. So from the bottom of my heart thank you, thank you, thank you. I really appreciate you and wish I could give all of you a big hug.

Looking forward to: Seeing The Gaslight Anthem this Friday night with Erin! My favorite band with one of my favorite girls.

Making me happy: this weather, doing freelance editing on an awesome project, planning our college girls reunion that's taking place in November, a new blog design that's finally completed (remember the one I've been talking about for months? I'm so slow in making decisions!), a new tiny local bookstore opening up (that Adie is working at!), planning our first family camping trip, Henry talking SO much, the Hawaii afterglow, the television show Parenthood, and lots of Pink Lady apples.

So, how about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments for everyone to check out. And thanks again to my dear friend Megan for providing the original inspiration for these posts.

Click here to see previous Currently posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment