Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pulled muscles and no cavities

Henry's asleep, @hank3 is doing his fantasy football draft, and I'm about to start Pretty Little Liars season 3. It's a wild life, I know.

Hello Wednesday night! Veronica just texted me about our Friday group playdate thinking it was tomorrow morning, and it took me a good moment to realize that we were both wrong and tomorrow is only Thursday. Ahh! It's so weird how I never know what day it is during the week. Usually I have specific markers- grocery shopping on Monday, library on Tuesday, but this week we've been a little off schedule due to some random things going  on. One of them being last night at CrossFit I pulled my hamstring sprinting. Totally my fault. Even before the whistle was blown to begin I said to myself that I should have spent more time warming up, and lo and behold on my second step I felt that uncomfortable shock in my right leg. For a moment I was panicked and thought I tore my ACL again but then I realized I had just tweaked my muscle. I rolled it out, then iced it, and this morning I woke up and it was feeling a lot better thank the lord. I was expecting it to feel worse so I'm grateful it's not as bad as I thought. I'm still laying low, but definitely no more sprinting for this old lady!

Then this morning I had a dentist appointment so Henry went over to Allison and the twins' house to play. I can't say enough how wonderful it is to have a group of mama friends here, and how awesome it is to be able to count on each other to watch each others' little ones. I didn't have that at all during the first 6 months or so of Henry's life and at times I felt really sad and isolated with most of my close friends living down in the Phoenix area. So it makes me even more thankful to have found such a great group. Also I should add that I had NO CAVITIES! Yeah! I had my first and only cavity right after I had Henry and I am always nervous I'll get one whenever I go. After my horrible wisdom teeth experience (my lower lip is STILL numb believe it or not), I have a bit of a dental work phobia but this morning helped to alleviate that a little bit.

And speaking of teeth, Henry's tooth is obviously still chipped. Luckily it didn't change color so we are still thinking there was no nerve damage. I'm on the fence about getting it capped. It's not too sharp that it bothers him, but I do feel like it would be safer to have it fixed in case he fell again. But then on the other hand it is a baby tooth so maybe we should leave it alone if we'd be fixing it for cosmetic reasons? I got a referral for a new kid's dentist today so we'll probably check him out in the next couple of weeks and see what he says.

Other than that all is well in my little world. Keeping busy and feeling good. I have two more episodes left of Pretty Little Liars and I'm kind of freaking out thinking about what is going to happen. Hank is out having coffee with friends right now and I might spend the rest of my night staying up too late and finishing up the season. And then guess what? You don't have to hear me talk about it anymore...or at least until I fall in love with a new ABC Family drama. Quality programming, let me tell you!

Alright, I am off. I hope your Thursday is wonderful! xo

p.s. I've been enjoying writing these random posts- they remind me of the old Livejournal days and why I fell in love with blogging in the first place. Yay for more of the everyday stuff, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment